BUTTER BEEF MADRAS BHUNA
|Prep time||1 hour, 30 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour|
|Total time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
|Misc||Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot|
- 450g Stewing Beef (Cubed)
- 25g Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 55g Chopped Tomatoes (Tinned Tomatoes Can Be Used)
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoons Madras Curry Powder (Normal Curry powder will work fine)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder (1 teaspoon of crushed garlic can be used)
- 450ml Water
- 1 Beef Stock Cubes
|Melt the butter in a large pan and add the onion. Cook until golden brown, stirring continuously. |
Add the tomatoes, puree, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, madras curry powder, garlic powder and beef and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Add the water, and the stock cubes, reduce the heat and simmer for about one hour stirring every 8 to 10 minutes until the beef is tender.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the coriander.